Tax statements sent in June 2017 for July 2017 (and prior, if applicable) taxes showed charges due through Monday, July 31, 2017 only. Taxpayers making payment now should contact the tax collector’s office, or check the city website, before making their payment, to determine exactly what they owe. Past due statements will be sent to taxpayers in September 2017 and will reflect interest through September 30, 2017.
- Q & A on Tax Information
- “Where Your Tax Dollar Goes” - FYE 2018
- Tax Collector's Legal Notice, July 2017
- Tax Payment Information Policy
- The E Tax Bill look up online is now available.
- Important notice about your motor vehicle tax bills
|Front Row: Cindy Mazzone; Levetta Brantley; Jeanette Cerrato; Al Palumbo Jr.
Back Row: Lisa Biagiarelli; Cathy Petrini ; Cynthia Haith; Liliana Haas
Location: Room 105, on the first floor (ground level) of Norwalk City Hall.
Mailing address: Tax Collector, 125 East Avenue Room 105, Norwalk, CT 06851
Tel: (203) 854 - 7731 Facsimile: (203) 854 - 7770
Responsibilities: The tax collector's office is responsible for the billing and collection of property taxes and other charges that comprise approximately 90% of the city's operating revenue. The office operates under the authority of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Taxes and charges collected include:
- Real estate taxes
- Motor vehicle taxes
- Business personal property taxes
- Sewer use fees
- Sewer assessment fees, IPP fees, and other city charges