The City Traffic Engineer and Traffic Analyst working closely with a goal of improving the traffic flow and safety along the minor roads and intersections.
The Traffic Analyst currently performs the following generalized duties:
- Perform traffic studies for Stop Sign, Parking Sign, School Zone flow , etc
- Accumulating traffic data
- Analyzing incident information, accidents, and traffic data
- Prepare recommendations to improve traffic flow and safety
- Respond to public inquiries and complains
- Prepare specifications and coordinate the installation
The city maintains a crash database system where all the crash data is entered and used for engineering analysis. High crash locations in the city limits are identified every year and improvements are developed to resolve the safety issues at these locations. Also, the City maintains traffic volume data along all main roadways and performs turning movement counts at all signalized intersections. The traffic volume data is used to identify congested locations and develop improvements. Staff also adds projects to the program based on citizen input regarding traffic congestion and safety issues.