** UPDATED November 8th, 2016**
FAMILY SWIM -
FIRST SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 13TH, 2016
Family swim is now open at the Norwalk High School pool on Sundays from 2:30pm - 4:30pm. Two lap lanes are available during this time for our adult lap swimmers to enjoy. There is also a swimming/play space in both the shallow and deep ends of the pool. The diving board is available for those swimmers who pass a deep water test.
Location: Norwalk High School Pool (Pat Spinola Natatorium)
Hours: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Cost: $5.00 per person
Ages: 3 years and up *
* All children participating in family swim must be toilet trained. Disposable diapers and/or disposable swim diapers are NOT allowed.
* Family swim is open to children ages 3 and older
* ALL children MUST be toilet trained - disposable diapers and disposable swim diapers are not allowed.
* Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
* Children under 12 who can not swim must be accompanied in the water by an adult
* Children who can not swim on their own, or who can swim with the assistance of a flotation device, must have an adult in the water with them. The adult MUST be within arms reach at all times.
* All non-swimmers must wear a US Coast Guard approved lifejacket or PFD.
* All swimmers must take a deep water test before entering the deep end.
Deep Water Test -
1. swim the length of the pool (25 yards) on top of the water with out stopping or hanging onto the side.
2. tread water/back float for 1 minute.
POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
* Bathing suits only. NO cut-offs or swim diapers.
* All persons must shower before entering the pool.
* All persons with severe infections or cuts will not be permitted in the water.
* No spitting or blowing of the nose into the pool or gutters.
* No diving allowed in any water less than 9 feet deep.
* No running, horseplay, food, beverages, gum, glass containers, or animals allowed in the pool area or locker rooms.
* Swimmers using the deep end or diving board must have passed the deep water test.
Violation of pool rules can result in the loss of pool privileges. Any patron who become verbally or physically abusive will be removed from the pool area immediately. If necessary 9-1-1 will be contacted.