Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Complaints / Commendations
Community Feedback
The Norwalk Police Department is committed to providing high-quality police services to the community. In order to be responsive to community needs, it is necessary to have citizen input. Your constructive comments about our service, good or bad, will help us to improve and to achieve our goals.

Making a Complaint Against Norwalk Police Employees
A complaint can be made by letter, email, or telephone to Internal Affairs at (203) 854-3007. A complaint against an officer can also be made by contacting any on-duty supervisor. Print or Download our Civilian Complaint Form

It has been our experience that many complaints involve a misunderstanding of police policy or procedure and are often resolved by speaking with supervisory personnel. While we encourage you to try this avenue, we understand that some complaints do require a full inquiry. During this process, you will be kept informed of the progress of the inquiry and may be asked for additional information; you will also be advised when the investigation is completed.

Commending Exceptional Performance
The best way to commend the actions of a Police Department employee is to write a brief letter or email to the department describing the incident and the actions you think were exceptional. Information such as the date, time, and location will help identify the employee if you don't know his or her name. If you choose not to write, you may ask to speak with the employee's supervisor and make a verbal commendation.

Although our employees don't expect to be thanked for everything they do, recognition of exceptional service is always appreciated. This kind of feedback helps us to know if we're doing a good job.

Additional Feedback Opportunities

On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready