The following requirements are necessary to obtain a marriage license from the Town Clerk's Office
Applications & Fees
- You must apply in the town where your ceremony is taking place.
The fee for a marriage license
is $30. The fee for a certified copy of a marriage license
While you may fill out the licensing form at home, you must still appear in person with your form to complete the licensing process. Please have fees ready at this time.
Additional Application Information
- A marriage license is valid for 65 days from the date of application.
- For same sex couples, identification information may be placed on either side of the form.
- It is not necessary to circle or check bride, groom, or spouse on the licensing application.
- Marriage license applications will be taken until 4:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and until 6:30 pm on Thursdays.
- View a list of Justices of the Peace who can perform your marriage ceremony.