Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Notary Public
Notary public services are not available at the town clerk's office.

New Notary Public Commissions
Notary public commissions are issued by the Secretary of State in Hartford. Applications are available at the Town Clerk's Office. Notaries must record their commissions at the town clerk's office of the city in which they reside. They may also record them in the town where they do business.

Recording Fees
Recording fees are as follows:



Certifying a notary's signature


Changing residence to a new town only


Changing residence within town only


Changing a name only


Changing a name & residence within town 

Changing a name & residence in a new town

Original commission of notary public


Renewal commission of notary public


For More Information
For more information, please contact Town Clerk Richard A. McQuaid at (203) 854-7747.

On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready