- Competitive salary ranging between $62,802 - $88,632 (Effective 7/1/2015)
- Comprehensive medical benefits and life insurance
- Excellent pension program: 50% after 25 years (if age 52 or older) and up to 60% after 30 years
- Opportunity for advancement and specialized assignments
- Tuition reimbursement plan
The Board of Police Commissioners is the sole authority in regard to the appointment of candidates to the Norwalk Department of Police Services
. Selection by the commissioners will be based on information obtained from the testing procedures and pursuant to the operational needs of the department, in conjunction with the hiring policies of the department.
Municipal Resident Hiring Policy
The city wishes to promote the recruitment and hiring of city residents. To this end, positive consideration shall be given in the selection process to Norwalk residents.
The Norwalk Department of Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and female participation is encouraged.
Registration Deadline & Fees
- Entry level Written Examination Fee : $50 (May be waived due to financial hardship)
- $16.00 PoliceApp service charge
- Registration deadline is July 25, 2015. Test is scheduled for August 1, 2015 (Pre-registration required)
- Exam Location: TBD
- Register online at www.policeapp.com
More information about the Norwalk Police Department's benefits and selection process can be obtained by contacting the Training & Recruitment Division
at (203) 854-3003.