Entry level test is August 1, 2015. Registration deadline is July 25, 2015.
Online application must be completed through www.policeapp.com.
- Apply for the written exam online to obtain your test date and exam location site. The current fee is $50. (May be waived for financial hardship. To apply for a waiver contact Lt. Cunningham at or 203-854-3003.)
- Take the written exam. Bring your driver's license to the test site.
- If you do not pass the required written exam, you end your current application process and may not retake the test for a period six months.
- Take the Oral Board Interview. Notification will be made by mail / email based on department needs.
- If you do not pass the Oral Board Interview, your current application process is terminated. You may return to step two after a period of six months.
- You are placed on the department's eligibility list. However, please note that placement on the list does not ensure that you will move on to the next phase.
- A conditional offer of employment will be given to those the department selects from the eligibility list.
More information about the initial steps for new recruits listed above can be obtained by contacting the Training and Recruitment Division
at (203) 854-3003.