Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Hunting Licenses & Fees
License Types & Fees
The following sportsman's licenses are available at the Office of the Town Clerk:



Firearms hunting, non-resident


Firearms hunting, resident


Firearms hunting and fishing, non-resident


Firearms hunting and fishing, resident


Junior firearms hunting (ages 12-15)


Junior trapping (ages 15 and under)


Lifetime license (over 65 years of age)


Trapping, non-resident


Trapping, resident


Additional Licenses
The following are additional hunting licenses offered for Norwalk residents and visitors:
  • Archery and Junior Archery Licenses - Available only from the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection, located at:
    79 Elm St.
    Hartford, CT 06106
  • Connecticut Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program (HIP) - Persons hunting ducks, geese, brant, woodcock, rails, snipes, and coots are required to obtain a HIP permit from the town clerk
  • Connecticut Migratory Bird Stamp - Available for $10 to applicants 16 years of age and older
  • Federal Migratory Bird Stamp - Available for $15
  • Pheasant Tags - 10 tags issued for $14 to anyone possessing a valid firearms or archery license

For More Information
Additional information, regulations, and explanatory booklets are available from the Norwalk Town Clerk's Office. Contact the office at (203) 854-7747 for more information.

On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready