Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Permit Information
When Permits are Necessary
Many home improvements like fencing and roofing do not need zoning approval but may need approval from other agencies. We must still sign the plans as being exempt from review. Work that requires a permit includes:
  • Accessory structures such as sheds, swimming pools, HVAC equipment, etc.
  • Interior or exterior modifications to your home including decks, additions, and garages
  • Paving for driveways (depending on size and location)
  • Use of your home for a private business or "home occupation"

View additional information about the required procedures to obtain a zoning permit.

For More Information
For more information about zoning permits, please contact the Planning and Zoning Office at (203) 854-7780 or review the Zoning Permit Brochure.

On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready