Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Forms & Documents
Regulatory Oversight
Certain activities, when they occur within a wetland, watercourse, or upland review area, are considered regulated activities and require an Inland Wetlands Permit. Please refer to the summary and regulations for further explanation of activities that warrant an Inland Wetland Permit.

Permit Levels
There are three levels of wetland permits – minor, intermediate, and significant. The permit level that your proposed activities warrant is determined by the Conservation Office or the Inland Wetland Agency.

The permit level is based on our assessment of both the proximity of the activity to the water resource (is your work going to be 5 or 50 feet away from the wetland?) and the scope of the activity (will you just be digging footings for a deck, or will your project require filling and grading of a large area?).

Prior to selecting a form and filling it out, you are strongly encouraged to first discuss your project with the Conservation Department to accurately determine your permit need. They can be reached at (203) 854-7744.
      Regulated Activity Application Forms

      Additional Forms & Permits

      Additional Information

      On the Water, On the Move
      Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
      Tree City USAStorm Ready