Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
How Do I Vote?

Click here to register to vote with the State of CT's new Online Voter Registration System

In Person 

    Most people vote on election day, in person, at their polling place. You should go to the designated polling place for your voting district in order to cast your ballot. The polling place will have a list or lists of registered voters, organized alphabetically by street name and house number.

Absentee Ballot

    Absentee Ballots are handled by the Town Clerk’s office, not the Registrar of Voters’ Office. The Voter fills out an application, and if he meets the requirements, he receives an absentee ballot, which he may then vote. This can be done all in one day, in person, at City Hall; or it may be done by mail, in which case it takes longer.

Voters with Disabilities

    Each polling place has an ADA Compliant machine which is available for the visually impaired. This enables the voter to access an audio ballot read to him under computer control. Polling places are handicap accessible and election officials are trained to assist voters with mobility issues. Curbside votes is available for voters with temporary or last minute illness or difficulties. 

Voters at Nursing Homes and Institutions

    The Registrars' office conducts supervised absentee voting at certain nursing homes.    

On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready