Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Residential Permit & Application Information
Waste Drop-Off Regulations & Fees
Non-commercial pickup trucks, vans, and cars with trailers require a City of Norwalk Recreations and Parks Dept. Resident Pass Residential Pass. Non-commercial pickup trucks, vans, and cars with trailers shall be directed across the weigh master's scale and weighed. They shall be allowed to annually dispose of one ton of mixed solid waste and bulky solid waste at the Norwalk Transfer Station with no charge. Solid Waste Rules & Regulations

In the event that any single vehicle shall deposit additional tonnage over the one ton allotted, that vehicle shall be required to pay the tipping fees. The user in question may appeal to the Public Works Director in writing.

The city reserves the right to interview the person and inspect the property requesting non-commercial status. The department director shall, within 15 days of such written appeal, hear and decide the matter.

If determined by the director to be a solid waste and/or bulky solid hauler, that vehicle shall be permitted and licensed (see commercial license and application information). Only with sole permission of the director shall the user be allowed to resume tipping as a non-commercial vehicle.

Additional Resources

On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready