Some of our Basic Services
- Inforrmation on underground storage tanks (UST) (click here to lookup)
- Prior to the issuance of a building permit, the Fire Prevention Bureau reviews all building plans to ensure that the plans comply with all applicable fire codes and regulations. Every inspector is trained by the State of Connecticut in plan review to find any errors that may not comply to the State Fire Code.
- Fire prevention inspectors conduct periodic inspections of facilities to ensure that business operations are conducted in a safe manner and are consistent with the conditions of approval. We have inspection checklists for several different occupancy types that would help you prepare for a upcoming inspection.
- Issues permits and conducts inspections for special events such as festivals, events with tents or canopies and fireworks booths.
- Public education
- Information on underground storage tanks (click here to lookup)
- Enforcement of the Fire Prevention codes.
- Providing for the investigation of all structure fires in our jurisdiction as required by the CT State fire code.
- Maintaining all NFIRS reports, fire inspection reports, and fire investigation reports for the Division.