Click to Home
EmailPrint
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Safety Information
The Dangers of Heating Equipment
Norwalk's fire marshal would like to warn people about the dangers of using space heaters or barbecues to heat their homes. Heating equipment is a leading cause of home fires during the months of December, January, and February.

One of the most dangerous things you can do is put a space heater too close to things that easily catch fire, such as:
  • Bedding
  • Clothing
  • Mattresses
  • Upholstered furniture

   
For More Information
For more information about heating equipment and fire prevention, please contact the Fire Prevention and Inspection Division at (203) 854-0240.


On the Water, On the Move
Home Contact Us Privacy Policy Sitemap Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tree City USAStorm Ready