Household Hazardous Waste - Accepted / Non-Accepted Items
|Examples of Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste includes items from the following common household areas and will be accepted during specified hazardous waste collection days.
- Garage: Gasoline, auto care products, oil-based paints or alkyd paints, stains, thinners, spray paints, etc.
- Garden: Insect killer weed killer, fungicides (rose dust), chemical fertilizers, garden lime, etc.
- Household: Cleaners, polishes, mercury thermometers, pet care products, pool chemicals, etc.
Items Not Accepted
Items that will not be accepted during specified hazardous waste collection days include:
- Electronics: Norwalk residents only bring items to the Norwalk Transfer Station
- Motor Oil & Antifreeze -Norwalk residents only -bring to Norwalk Transfer Station
- Medical and biological waste
- Radioactive material
- CFLS/Fluorescent Bulbs: Unbroken Bulbs can be disposed at Home Depot
For additional information, please contact the Customer Service Center at (203) 854-3200.