Steps to Obtain a Permit
To obtain a zoning permit, you must supply specific information so that the zoning staff can determine whether the proposed use and physical structure complies with regulations.
We require the following for zoning permits:
- Schematic floor plans (in most cases)
- Two copies of a plot plan drawn to scale showing:
- Distances from the additions to the property line
- Locations and dimensions of any proposed additions
- Property dimensions and any existing structures
- Zoning approval application
Upon approval by the zoning officer, one set of plans will be stamped "approved" and returned to you. You must bring this copy to the Code Enforcement Department
to apply for a building permit.
For More Information
For more information about zoning permits, please contact the Planning and Zoning Office
at (203) 854-7780 or review the Zoning Permit Brochure