The Norwalk Recreation and Parks Department utilizes the Norwalk High School pool (NHS) for all their aquatic programs. The Norwalk High School is located at:
23 Calvin Murphy Dr.
Norwalk, CT 06851
Pool Guidelines & Rules
We ask that all our families follow the NHS Pool rules. The following rules help our swimmers and their families stay safe in the pool and pool areas:
- Be respectful of other swimmers.
- No chewing gum while in the pool.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the pool or pool area.
- No glass is allowed in the pool area since swimmers that don’t have shoes on and can be cut by broken glass.
- Only dive in water that is at least nine feet deep – if it is too shallow you could injure you head, neck or back.
- Swim only in a supervised area – a lifeguard or swim instructor must be present.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool, as required by the Norwalk Health Department
- Walk, don't run, on the pool deck and in the locker rooms since wet floors can be slippery.
Swimming lessons will be cancelled when Norwalk Public Schools
are cancelled or closed early due to inclement weather. You will be notified by email only if classes are cancelled. If you do not have an email address, please call the Norwalk Recreation and Parks Department cancellation number at (203) 854-7938 for information.
Program / Session Details