In order to be considered for employment as a police officer with the Norwalk Police Department
, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 21 years old at time of appointment
- Have 20/30 corrected vision or 20/100 uncorrected vision
- No visible tattoos on or above the neck or on hands
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Have a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license (upon hiring)
- Have no Class A or Class B misdemeanor convictions or any act of perjury or false statement
- Have no felony convictions
- Meet or exceed the Cooper Institute 50% Physical Performance Standard in the four basic tests of the pre-employment Physical Ability Assessment to obtain a Complete Health and Injury Prevention (CHIP) Card
Connecticut-certified police officers can apply immediately for positions listed with the Norwalk Police Department.
Municipal Resident Hiring Policy
The city wishes to promote the recruitment and hiring of city residents. To this end, positive consideration shall be given in the selection process to Norwalk residents.
For further information or questions, contact the Training & Recruitment Division
at (203) 854-3003.