125 East Ave.
Ph: (203) 854-7747
Fax: (203) 854-7802
Monday - Wednesday and Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO BE SURE THAT WE WILL BE OPEN THAT EVENING
THERE WILL BE NO EVENING HOURS ON THURSDAY 12/18/2014
The Town Clerk Department is the records department for the City of Norwalk.
The mission of the Town Clerk's Office is:
- To accurately record, report and maintain land records, vital statistics, and dog and game licenses according to state statutes, federal regulations, municipal charter, and local ordinance
- To collect and maintain records on local and state real estate conveyance tax, recording fees, and other legally prescribed revenue sources
- To administer the election laws, including the processing of absentee applications and ballots, as required by state statute
- Additional department services can be found at left.
- Please arrive no later than 4:00 pm for marriages.
- The last land records documents are recorded at 4:15 pm daily.
The Connecticut Secretary of State
provides applications for absentee ballots in both English
View the staff directory
for the Town Clerk's Office.