Norwalk High School Pool
ADULT LAP SWIM- UPDATED: Monday, December 30th, 2019
Starting January 6th, 2020 Adult Lap Swim will now be available during the week from 6:50pm - 8:00pm (PLEASE check dates below).
Available dates for the months of JANUARY and FEBRUARY are:
Jan 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 22nd, 27th, 29th;
Feb. 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 21st, 24th, 28th.
The cost is $5.00 per person, exact change only, payment may be made to the lifeguard on deck.
A season pass is available for purchase from the Recreation and Parks Department (Room 225, Norwalk City Hall).
There are still two lap lanes available during Family Swim on Sundays from 2:15pm - 3:30pm.
FAMILY SWIM -UPDATED: Monday, December 30th, 2019
Family swim is now open at the Norwalk High School pool on Sundays from
2:15pm - 3:30pm.
There is swim/play space available in both the shallow and deep ends of the pool.
Family swim is open to families with children ages 3 and up (for children ages 12 and under please read requirements below).
Two lap lanes are available during this time for our adult lap swimmers to enjoy.
FAMILY SWIM PROGRAM INFORMATION
Location: Norwalk High School Pool (Pat Spinola Natatorium)
Days:/ Hours: Sundays from 2:15pm - 3:30pm
Dates: January 5th, 12th, 26th -and- February 2nd, 9th, 23rd
Cost: $5.00 per person - exact change only - please pay the lifeguard on deck
Season Passes may be purchased at the Norwalk Recreation and Parks Office
Norwalk City Hall, Room 225
Ages: 3* years and up - (ALL children must be toilet trained, please read below)
ADDITIONAL RULES and REGULATIONS
* Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
* Any child who uses a flotation device MUST have an adult in the water within arms reach at all times.
* All flotation devices must be US Coast Guard approved.
* Swimmers using the deep end of the pool must take and pass a deep water test.
This test consists of the following skills:
1. swim 25 yards of the pool unassisted and without support
2. 30 seconds of treading water / floating
* ALL children must be toilet trained, there are no exceptions to this rule.
* Disposable diapers and/or disposable swim diapers are NOT allowed.
* All swimmers must wear bathing suits - no cut-offs or swim diapers.
* All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
* All persons with severe infections or cuts will not be permitted in the water.
* No spitting or blowing of the nose into the pool or gutters.
* No diving allowed in any water less than 9 feet deep.
* No running, horseplay, food, beverages, gum, glass containers, or animals allowed in the pool area or locker rooms.
Violation of pool rules can result in the loss of pool privileges. Any patron who become verbally or physically abusive will be removed from the pool area immediately. If necessary 9-1-1 will be contacted.
FAMILY SWIM DATES
JANUARY: 5th, 12th, 26th
FEBRUARY: 2nd, 9th, 23rd