Norwalk Bike/Walk Commission
The Commission has made note of all bike racks in Norwalk and posted them here. This includes both a map of bike rack locations, as well as a photograph of each of these racks. The map is interactive. Click on the pin!
Stay in Touch!
Attend a Meeting
The Norwalk Bike/Walk Commission meets on the first Monday of the month from 6 - 7:30 pm, unless the first Monday falls on a holiday. In that case, the Commission will meet the second Monday of the month. See the City events calendar here.
The public is welcome to come to meetings by telephone, Zoom, and/or the City of Norwalk YouTube channel. Specific instructions and links can be found at http://www.norwalkct.org/meetings.
Join our Mailing List
We'll reach out with news and events related to biking and walking in Norwalk. Click here to join!
2019-2020 Bike/Walk Commission Strategic Plan
Mission Statement: Support bicycling and walking as safe, accessible, and sustainable forms of transportation and recreation that increase the City of Norwalk's livability and economic vitality and improve public and environmental health.
1. Promote Complete Streets programs and facilities for bicycles and pedestrians in the City of Norwalk
1.1 Complete east/west and north/south bike route connections
1.2 Continue working to bring a bike share program to Norwalk
2. Review, promote, and update the City of Norwalk's Master Bicycle Plan
2.1 Determine the need for additional sheltered bicycle parking and/or a secure location at city-owned facilities
3. Review, promote, update and implement the City of Norwalk's Pedestrian Plan
3.1 Focus on pedestrian safety near schools
4. Review and provide advice on transportation and other projects having an impact on walking and biking in the City of Norwalk from the earliest stage
4.1 Work with other City agencies to implement the portions of the POCD assigned to the Bike/Walk Commission.
5. Coordinate and promote public awareness campaigns, education, and events related to bicycle and pedestrian issues
5.1 Participate in at least four community outreach events
5.2 Continue to update the Commission’s website and social media with relevant content
5.3 Send a minimum of four news releases to the media
6. Research funding opportunities to support the mission of the Commission
6.1 Apply for a minimum of two grants
For more information about biking and walking in Norwalk, visit the following websites:
LIKE the Bike/Walk Commission on Facebook
Norwalk Pedestrian Plan
National Center for Safe Routes to School
Norwalk Bike/Walk Task Force’s Summary of CT Bike and Pedestrian Laws
Norwalk Pedestrian and Bikeway Transportation Plan
Sound Cyclists Bicycle Club
League of American Cyclists
Sharing the Road for Motorists, Pedestrians, and Cyclists
Watch for Me CT
Norwalk Bike/Walk Commission's Mailing List
Send the Bike/Walk Commission an Email (email@example.com)
Bike/Walk Commission Meeting Agendas
Bike/Walk Commission Meeting Minutes