Click Here to View Land Records Online The mission of the Town Clerk's Office is:
Free online access to search the land records data and images is temporarily allowed during the time access to City Hall is restricted due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The Town Clerk may at any time resume the requirement for subscription only and paid access to search.
- To accurately record, report and maintain land records, vital statistics, and dog and game licenses according to state statutes, federal regulations, municipal charter, and local ordinance
- To collect and maintain records on local and state real estate conveyance tax, recording fees, and other legally prescribed revenue sources
- To administer the election laws, including the processing of absentee applications and ballots, as required by state statute
- DOG LICENSES ARE AVAILABLE JUNE 1, 2019
- Additional department services can be found at left.
- Please arrive no later than 4:00 pm for marriages.
- The last land records documents are recorded at 4:15 pm daily.
Absentee BallotsApplications for absentee ballots may be requested by mail, phone, in person at the Town Clerk’s office or online from the Connecticut Secretary of State. Applications are available in English and Spanish. In an effort to accommodate residents, the Town Clerk’s office will be open special hours the Saturday before the election on November 2, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Sample ballots can be viewed online.
The Connecticut Secretary of State provides applications for absentee ballots in both English and Spanish.
View the staff directory for the Town Clerk's Office.