Town Clerk

Click Here to View Land Records Online
Free online access to search the land records data and images is temporarily allowed during the time access to City Hall is restricted due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The Town Clerk may at any time resume the requirement for subscription only and paid access to search.

 Mission The mission of the Town Clerk's Office is:
  • To accurately record, report and maintain land records, vital statistics, and dog and game licenses according to state statutes, federal regulations, municipal charter, and local ordinance
  • To collect and maintain records on local and state real estate conveyance tax, recording fees, and other legally prescribed revenue sources
  • To administer the election laws, including the processing of absentee applications and ballots, as required by state statute


  • Please see our list of services listed on the left.

Absentee Ballots

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of Connecticut has sent out Absentee Ballot applications to every registered voter in Norwalk for the Election. If you have already filled out a request for the November Election, please disregard this new application. If you filled out an application for the Primary, you will need to submit the new application for the November Election. If you notice any incorrect information on the State of Connecticut application, please call the Registrar of Voter’s Office (203) 854-7996, and they can assist you. The polls will be open on November 3rd, but if you choose to vote by Absentee Ballot, please complete the form and mail it to our office immediately or you can put it in the secure Election Drop Box located in front of City Hall. If you did not receive an application in the mail, please complete the form on the State of Connecticut’s website.

The ballots will be mailed out starting October 2nd. Once you receive your ballot, please complete it and mail it back as soon as possible. We need to receive the ballot back by November 3rd. You also have the option to put your completed ballot (in the enclosed envelopes) in the Election Drop Box in front of City Hall or in front of the Norwalk Police Department located at 1 Monroe Street.


View the staff directory for the Town Clerk's Office.