RequirementsThe following requirements are necessary to obtain a marriage license from the Town Clerk's Office:
- You must apply in the town where your ceremony is taking place.
- A blood test is no longer required for a marriage license.
- Any party under 18 years of age must have Judge of Probate Court signed permission.
- Both persons must personally appear with government issued photo identification and application fee.
Applications & Fees
Click here to apply for a Marriage License .
Fee for application is $50.
AFTER submitting your application, please call our office at 203-854-7747 to schedule your appointment to come in and complete the application process.
Appointments are available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 2pm and Wednesday and Friday 9am-12pm.
Please refer to the "about" and "FAQs" in the marriage license application link for further information.
The fee for a certified copy of a marriage license is $20.
Note: While you may fill out the licensing form at home, you must still appear in person with your form to complete the licensing process. Please have fees ready at this time.
Additional Application Information
- A marriage license is valid for 65 days from the date of application.
- For same sex couples, identification information may be placed on either side of the form.
- View a list of Justices of the Peace who can perform your marriage ceremony.