Community Services Department Mission
To increase and sustain social well-being and health of all Norwalk residents.
Office of the Chief of Community Services
Charged with unifying initiatives and programs that directly affect the social well-being and health of the residents of Norwalk.
Provides oversight and administrative support to departments.
To support the quality of life in Norwalk through the lifespan.
Community Services Department Leaders
Health Department - Deanna D’Amore, MPH
Youth Services - David J. Walenczyk, LMFT
Human Relations & Fair Rent - Anna T. Keegan, Acting
Early Childhood Coordinator - Mary Oster
Library - Sherelle Harris, MLS - Interim Library Director Human Services, Maria Escalera, Director
Resources & Additional Information
- Community Resource Referral Form
- Summer Directory of Programs for Children and Youth (Norwalk ACTS TEAM 2020)
- Substance use prevention: www.thenorwalkpartnership.org
- Counseling services and peer supports for youth: www.thenorwalkpartnership.org/get-help
- End Hunger Connecticut! is currently accepting applications for a No Kid Hungry Youth Ambassador to help run and promote CT Summer Meals this summer! If you or someone you know wants to learn more or apply, please visit https://www.nokidhungry.org/youth-ambassadors or https://www.endhungerct.org/about/ The deadline to apply is March 26th, 2021