What Isn't a Zoning Violation

Police Department Violations

The following items are issues you should report to the Police Department:
  • Early construction starts
  • Noise
  • Parking on the street
  • Speeding

Code Enforcement

Fences six feet or higher and building demolition are issues that should be reported to the Code Enforcement Department.

Additional Items

These additional items are also not zoning issues:
  • Architectural review, except in village districts
  • Fencing, except for corner lot sight lines
  • Length of time of construction projects
  • Lighting impact, except for plans approved by the Zoning Commission
  • Maintenance of yards / houses
  • Mud on the road
  • Preservation of historic buildings
  • Sidewalk obstructions
  • Temporary signs on streets and telephone poles
  • Tree removal on private property, except for plans approved by the Zoning Commission
  • View of the water, except in village districts

For More Information

For more information about zoning complaints and violations, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (203) 854-7780.