Forms & Documents
Certain activities, when they occur within a wetland, watercourse, or upland review area, are considered regulated activities and require an Inland Wetlands Permit. Please refer to the summary and regulations for further explanation of activities that warrant an Inland Wetland Permit.
There are three levels of wetland permits – minor, intermediate, and significant. The permit level that your proposed activities warrant is determined by the Conservation Office or the Inland Wetland Agency.
The permit level is based on our assessment of both the proximity of the activity to the water resource (is your work going to be 5 or 50 feet away from the wetland?) and the scope of the activity (will you just be digging footings for a deck, or will your project require filling and grading of a large area?).
Prior to selecting a form and filling it out, you are strongly encouraged to first discuss your project with the Conservation Department to accurately determine your permit need. They can be reached at (203) 854-7744.
Regulated Activity Application Forms
- Minor Regulated Activity Application Form
- Intermediate Regulated Activity Application Form
- Significant Regulated Activity Application Form
- Corrective Action Minor Activity Application Form
- Corrective Action Intermediate Activity Application Form
- Corrective Action Significant Activity Application Form
- Declaratory Ruling Form
- Administrative Modification Form (by staff)
- Permit Modification Form (by Inland Wetland Agency)
- Permit Renewal/Extension Form (by Inland Wetland Agency)
- Permit Transfer Request Form
- Inland Wetland Agency Citizen Complaint Form