Recreation & Parks
EFFECTIVE May 15, 2019, Norwalk beaches and parks will no longer accept cash payments for PARKING
THIS CHANGE DOES NOT AFFECT RESIDENTS AND ONLY APPLIES TO NON-RESIDENTS WHO PAY TO USE THE FACILITIES.
ALL RESIDENTS PLEASE VERIFY YOUR LICENSE PLATE ON THE FOLLOWING LINK PRIOR TO PARKING AT THE BEACH/PARKS: Resident Pass Plate Verification
The Recreation Division provides a wide range of active and passive recreational programs for the citizens of Norwalk. Some of these services include:
- A summer youth play and learn program
- Individual and team athletic programs, including sports camps, tournaments, instruction, and league play
- Social programs and activities for all
- Various physical fitness programs, such as swimming lessons, exercise classes, etc.
Resident/Beach Passes are available online or in-person
- Concerts and Events
- Fodor Farm
- Forms and Permits
- Programs & Registrations
- Norwalk Recreation Leagues
- Resident Passes / Beach and Boat
- Videos of Norwalk's Parks, Beaches and Recreation Areas
The Park Maintenance Division also maintains 1,215 acres of grounds and property. In addition to city parks, and the grounds and fields at city schools, libraries, and cemeteries, the division also maintains and staffs the city's boat launching ramps, comfort stations, and boat moorings at Veterans Park. Additional facilities at Calf Pasture and Shady Beaches are also maintained by the Park Maintenance Division.