Household Hazardous Waste
City of Norwalk 2021 Household Hazardous Waste Day
The City of Norwalk's Household Hazardous Waste Day is being held on August 28, 2021 from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
The event will be at Norwalk High School (23 Calvin Murphy Drive, Norwalk CT).
Additional Safety Protocols due to COVID-19
- Residents MUST wear a mask and remain in their vehicles.
- Residents are asked to have patience. Lines will be longer.
- Please only one Resident per household in the vehicle.
- Please place ALL Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) items as far away from the driver as possible, i.e. in the truck or back of SUV. Do NOT place HHW items on front passenger seat of vehicle.
- Residents are NOT allowed to walk-up or bike-up and deposit HHW items.
Events are free and open to Norwalk Residents and Residents of towns listed (Greenwich, Darien, Stamford, New Canaan, Westport, and Wilton).
Please have a driver's license, vehicle registration, or Norwalk Disposal Pass available.
This event is open to Residents ONLY - No Commercial or Business disposal will be accepted.
For quantities in excess of 40 pounds or 30 gallons or for other questions regarding the HHW collection, please call Customer Service at 203-854-3200.
2021 Hazardous Waste Collection Days & Locations
The following household hazardous waste events are free to Norwalk residents:
| April 24
||Greens Farm Railroad Station
New Creek Road
(between I-95 and Metro-North RR Tracks)
Parking Lot #1
| 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
||Greenwich||Island Beach Parking Lot
|8:00 am - 1:00 pm
||Darien||Noroton Heights Rail Road Station
(south side parking lot)
Hollow Tree Ridge Rd.
|9:00 am - 1:00 pm|
||Stamford||Rippowam Middle School
381 High Ridge Road
|9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
||Norwalk High School
23 Calvin Murphy Drive
| 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
||New Canaan||New Canaan Wastewater Treatment Plant
394 Main St.
|8:00 am - 2:00 pm|
||Wilton||Miller / Driscoll School
214 Wolfpit Rd.
|9:00 am - 1:00 pm|
For questions about other towns' events, contact their individual department of public works offices.
Please have your driver's license or vehicle registration readily available.
- Household Hazardous Waste Schedule & Accepted Items
- Recycle your paint with PaintCare
- Prescription Drug Disposal