Links for Everyone
Resources for Children & Parents
The following resources teach basic life safety skills to children. Many also have informative materials that help parents educate their children about safety. These resources include:
- Bic Play Safe, Be Safe - Games and activities for young children as well as educator workshops
- Kids Health - Health information for children, teenagers, and parents
- Survive Alive - Facility that simulates real fire and smoke to teach participants how to escape fires
- Fire Prevention Education - Fire safety information for Norwalk residents
Additional Resources & Documents
These resources and documents are available for all Norwalk employees, residents, and visitors:
2022 Knox Box Order Form - This form is filled out by the purchaser and sent directly to the Knox Company. Please contact the Fire Marshal's Office at 203-854-0244 if you have any questions.
Fire Prevention Week - This year’s FPW campaign, “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!” works to educate everyone about the simple but important actions they can take to keep themselves, and those around them, safe in the kitchen.
- A Guide to Skin Burns - A medical resource for all types of skin burns
- Burn Prevention Foundation - Programs and products designed to help users prevent burn injuries
- Smoke Alarm Maintenance Log - Log sheet to help you accurately maintain your home's smoke alarms
- https://www.improvenet.com/a/fire-prevention-safety: General fire prevention and safety tips
For More Information
For more safety resources, please contact the Fire Prevention and Inspection Division at (203) 854-0244.