The City of Norwalk will host a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection event next Saturday, August 27, 2022, from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm at Norwalk High School, located at 23 Calvin Murphy Drive.
Additionally, New Canaan will be hosting an upcoming HHW collection event on Sunday, September 11, from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm at the New Canaan Wastewater Treatment Plant that is free to Norwalk residents.
Please follow the following safety protocols:
- Residents must remain in their vehicles.
- Please have patience as lines could be longer.
- Please only have one resident per household in a vehicle.
- Please place all HHW items as far away from the driver as possible, i.e. in the truck or back of the SUV. Do not place any HHW items on the front passenger seat of the vehicle.
- Residents are not permitted to arrive by walking or biking to deposit HHW items.
Upon attendance, please have a driver's license, vehicle registration, or Norwalk Disposal Pass available. For quantities over 40 pounds or 30 gallons, or if you have any further questions regarding the HHW collection, please call Customer Service at 203-854-3200.
How To Transport HHW Materials Safely: Leave materials in original labeled containers. Tighten caps and lids. Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes and pad them with newspapers. Sort and pack separately: paint, pesticides, household cleaners, etc. Finally, please don't mix the chemicals.
For further information, please visit https://www.norwalkct.org/503/Household-Hazardous-Waste.